Sunday, February 3, 2008

Everybody is healthy and Kat is scootin'


I was just looking over some older posts and came across the 'nebulizer Kat' picture. I am happy to say (knock on wood) that everyone is healthy.
Yesterday, Gma Pat was here to watch Kat whilst Jill and I did homework and worked on stuff around the house. While she was here playing with Kat we noticed that Kat is starting to scoot around. Now she has been scooting backwards for quite a while. She has backed herself into a corner a number of times where she cannot get out. Then she cries for help. She also rolls over all the time. She will go from one end of the living room to the other by rolling over and over.
But now, she is getting up on her knees and elbows and getting one or two forward scoots in before falling down. It won't be long now before she is mobile.
This is a big dilemma for me. Not only do I need to child proof the house (as much as I can) but we have been putting Maddie in the basement when Kat is on the floor. We don't let Maddie be in a position to be over Kat and look down on her. If Kat is spending more time on the floor, Maddie will be spending more time in the basement. And not surprisingly, Maddie doesn't like to be locked in the basement. She wants to play with Kat. Unfortunately, I don't know how Maddie interprets 'play' with Kat. Oh well, it will all work out.

No comments: