Wednesday, February 20, 2008

No excuse!

I have been pretty busy lately. My blogging is one of the first things to go. I have been working on issues at work and trying to control my own destiny. Since I am not CEO, it is not as easy as I would like. But I work at it. I want to be able to really enjoy what I do and sometimes it is hard to enjoy interdepartmental politics. And controlling your leadership. Anyway.

School has been taking up quite a bit of time, when I am not working. I just finished midterms/ papers. Now I have two more weekends of class and one week of classes everyday (4/7-11/08) and I will be done. April 11, 2008. Around 430 pm. I am really looking forward to it. I met with my study group tonight. After two hours of working on one problem, we are most of the way thru understanding it. So now we can solve it. Tomorrow we meet for another two hours to discuss and outline our paper.

On a side note, someone posted a sign the other day that read "your teacher can always tell when you have done your homework on the bus on the way to school." This makes me laugh because someone who is a pretty good procrastinator told me that there is nothing wrong with waiting til the last minute, as long as you get it done on time. Last Friday I started my paper around 2pm. It wasn't due until 8AM Saturday. And I had class all evening. So I wrote most of it between 1030 and 1AM. (Which was kind of convenient cuz Kat was sick and not sleeping well. So I could go and put her back to sleep and let Jill sleep.) I already have my grade back for that paper, 100%.

This is completely opposite of Wife, who always works ahead. If she isn't a week ahead of her schoolwork, she tends to get a little cranky. A couple of weeks ago, I got a sitter for the day and invited Wife to go to a movie with me, get out of the house for a bit. I got turned down because she wanted to work ahead in Algorythms. Hmm. I knew I ranked below Kat, but below homework?

BTW, I am one of the few people I know that really like snow. And while I might be getting a little tired of hiring the Bobcat to come and clear my drive, I hope we set a new state record for snowfall this winter. I am really hoping for at least another 16 inches on April 7, 2008. As long as it is gone by April 11.

No comments: