Saturday, December 15, 2007

what a relaxing day

Woke up late. Tried to figure out how we were going to deal with the news that a wonderful friend from CA was going arrive in DesMoines today. Not much warning and I would be in a pistol match on Sunday all day. So Jill went to work so that she could take Monday off if needed and I stayed home to do laundry and watch Kat, dog, deer & turkeys (sometimes I feel like a single parent. that one day a month that I have to stay home and raise our daughter, clean the house, do the laundry, cook my own lunch)

One thing that I really wanted to try was to feed Kat baby food. I had been asking women all week about methods they used to introduce food to their kids and had a plan. Well, several things went well. Preparing the food, putting Kat in the chair, having a spoon. One person said to have a camera ready, cuz the expressions would be great! All that ready except for explaining to Kat what this was all about.
She opened her mouth, I shoveled in a little bit of thickened squash. She looked surprised at the flavor. It was different! So she wiggled her tongue everywhere, tasting this new stuff. I don't think she swallowed any of it. Her mouth was aworkin', but she wasn't eating. After mouthing the food for a bit, she spit it down her chin. And I obviously had a defective bib. But it WAS cute. She liked the flavor, she kept licking her bib and hands. But she would taste it and drool it out.
I got lots of laundry done, watched the wildlife. Played with Kat on the floor. She rolled over from her belly to her back several times today. And back, a couple of times. Wrapped my stepdads present. (Socks for a long distance runner. He is in GREAT shape for a 59 year old man) Watched Harry Potter, took a nap, burned my lunch.
Jill is home now. It has been snowing non-stop all day. Maybe two inches.

No comments: