Friday, December 28, 2007

now THAT was exciting!

I regret that I don't have any pictures to show for it, but at 10am this morning, I was on the way to take Kat to daycare and my pickup fishtailed on the road. I wasn't able to recover and it slid into the ditch where it rolled onto the roof and stopped there. Aside from being showered with the stuff I keep in the truck, pliers, jumper cables, flashlight, can of Mt Dew, I was just fine. First on my mind was Kat. She just cooed. I wish I could have seen her, suspended by the harness in her car seat. I kinda wish I had a 5 point harness, too.
When I released my seatbelt, I fell to the roof of the truck. I could see that the drivers window and windshield were broken and the drivers door was crumpled; no opening that.
I scrambled to get my cel phone out and call..... Who to call but Jill and tell her that I had rolled the truck but we were ok. First thought. Reaction. First to call was Jill. Not 911. Not neighbor with a tractor, but Jill. She took it well; she already knows I am an idiot.
Fast forward to 2pm. Dr. at hospital says I am going to be really stiff and sore. Kat is fine from the accident, but she still has alot of congestion in her lungs and sinuses. He gave us prescriptions for those. Truck is on its way to body shop and insurance has been called.
The sheriff says that we were lucky. No kidding. I didn't need him to tell me that.
All in all, I have lived a great year and wonderful life. I have been blessed in so many ways it is nearly impossible to list everything. The big things are Jill, Kat, family, health. As the new year approaches, here's to many more great years, filled with blessings... and good luck.

No comments: