Saturday, August 23, 2008

sharing my insecurities

As Scott pointed out, I edited my post yesterday. I removed the angst riddled post that discussed my nightmares that I have been having. I wrote the post at 5AM, very shortly after I woke up.
While I am sure that some people have confidence issues, I had re-read the post and decided that exposing mine wasn't really needed.
Overall, I do a pretty good job. I provide pretty well for my family and while I am not the primary breadwinner, I do feel that I am an equal partner in raising our Kat. I have one hobby that saves us thousands each year in expenses that helps allow us to live in the country. t (I have another hobby that costs money each year, too. don't most people?)
And while I may not be on the fast track to career advancement at work, I am asked to work on special projects frequently to help solve unusual issues that impact our company. I seem to have developed a reputation as a problem solver.
I guess what I am saying is that I need to remember that while I will cut others slack because I KNOW they have a lot going on in their lives, I need to cut myself some slack as well. While I am not my own worst critic, I am the loudest most persistant critic I have.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know we all want to vent our feelings and after putting it out there for all the world to see (even though I may be the only one up at oh dark thirty to read about your anxieties) only to realize later, maybe the whole world doesn't need to know about it. You've only been to hard on yourself at least for as long as I've known you, but that's not always a bad thing. Some of us should be a little more critical of ourselves.