Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Visitor IRL!

I called the phone number in the email, the one that advertised "Hot COED science majors will visit you"... Sure enough, a week later she showed up... As she eased herself out of her swanky sedan?
Wait a minute, I am confusing this story with a dream I had 20 years ago.
Actually, I am terribly remiss in telling the story of being visited by the Microblogologist from Iowa State. And while she is a very lovely co-ed science major, and I did call her, none of the entire visit was as sordid as the story I started to tell.
MicroBloggy emailed that she would be in the neighborhood (sort of)and that if Kat and Kyle were willing, she would stop by and visit them. She made sure they asked their parents if it was Okay, first. Well of course it was Okay with Wife and I so on the day she was to arrive, Blogology lady arrived at our house precisely at the time she said she would. Kat took one look at her and decided to play 'shy' for the evening. This resulted in me talking MB's ear off all evening long.
Wife and I bribed her with supper and conversation on a wonderful Friday night and stayed up past our bedtime to talk to her about everything under the sun. Wife went so far as to make blueberry banana walnut bread in order to make sure that MB was fed and nourished. (Funniest thing in the world, I actually heard wife utter her mother's nag "if you go hungry, it is your own fault! we have plenty of food here!")
In all honesty, it was the most exciting Friday evening that wife and I have shared in years if not decades. Adult conversation with someone neither of us was married to! It doesn't get much better than that! We talked about family, politics, gun control, and, um, lots of interesting stuff that I cannot remember.
All I really remember is that I was so happy to have company that I don't think I shut up the entire time MicroWoman was here.
I want to thank her for coming to visit and letting us know that there are real people connected to these blogs. We really enjoyed having her over for dinner and Kat wants her to come back again this summer.

4 comments:

dietrich509 said...

Homemade blueberry, banana walnut bread? When I came to visit I got takeout pizza! Apparently some visitors are more welcome than others.

SurprisedMom said...

Wow! You and your wife are host and hostess with the mostest! It sounds like a great time was had by all. Can I come over?

Mrs4444 said...

Sounds fun! I look forward to connecting with bloggy buddies in the RW this summer.

The Microblogologist said...

Awww, you are so sweet, I had a great time staying with you and you were wonderful hosts! Not often I get fed so well and hang out with people who aren't bored silly listening to my inane babbling. I finally got my camera uploaded, got a few cute ones of your cuties. Mind if I post a couple on my blog? Don't want to post any without your permission.

We'll see about the summer, perhaps I'll have Niecey for Kat to play with. Then Kyle and I can continue our fascinating conversation about how he feels prebiotics in formula combined with a probiotic regimen might be the way to go to prevent the unpleasant odors associated with such a diet. Oh you didn't know he tries to keep up with science and tech news? He totally does, puts me to shame!

Thanks again for the wonderful hospitality and great company =)