Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tuesday rambling

Me again. I know it has been a while since I last spent a few minutes updating this page. Truth is, I have been feeling overwhelmed for a few weeks. I applied for a position at work and while the interviews have gone well, it seems that politics will make it unlikely that anything will come of it. I also am coming up on a time where both of my major projects are requiring quite a bit of attention. One project isn’t going well and I am going to have to gather all of the players together and get back on track and make sure that everyone understands what needs to be done and the urgency that they need to feel for reaching the goals. The other project needs to have training sessions scheduled. One session needs to be 3 weeks out, the other 3-5 sessions need to be 4 weeks out. Then the process that I have been the PM for will be implemented beginning the Wednesday after Memorial day. Unfortunately, I still need to complete the curriculum for the training and we need the tools completed that everyone will be working with.
Kat has been sick a lot lately. She is on her third ear infection this year. This past week she has been miserable and not sleeping at night and not eating much at all. Tonight it looks as tho she has another two teeth trying to cut in. With all of the ear infections, we made an appointment with an ENT in IC and Kat will have her adnoids removed and tubes put in this upcoming Friday.
Kyle is wonderful. He is eating 3-5 oz (well, drinking really) at a time. At 11weeks old he is nearly 15 pounds. Considering he left the hospital at roughly 8#1oz, he is really packing it on. I can hear him right now, snoring away. I am hoping that I will get a good nights sleep tonight. I haven’t had one for about a week and I am getting really tired.
Jill and I have been having discussions for about six months now about adding on to the house. When we bought the house it was plenty big enough for the two of us. And really, it is plenty big enough for the four of us. If we can swing it, we would like to have at least two more bedrooms added on. We have been meeting with contractors and drawing up floor plans for months. To be honest, I have been pretty reluctant about the whole thing. Jill has been VERY persistent in her ideas. She acknowledges that it may not come to be, but she is determined to make a fact-based decision. Until a contractor gives her a valid quote, she is not going to discard the possibility of adding on to the house.
I wonder how people do it. I like to think that I know what I am doing and that I have a good head on my shoulders. I even like to think that I am competent. But over the last couple of weeks, I have not felt very self confident. Like I haven’t been on top of my game. I think I hide it well and cover myself in front of others. I wonder how long I can keep it up, sometimes. As I get more tired, I don’t think I am doing as well as I need to be.
On the plus side, I am down 6 pounds in 2 weeks of WW. I plan on getting to lifetime again, 210#. Only 41 pounds to go.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Hang in there. We all get there, and get through it. Luckily, you have all of us crazys to validate you whenever you need!

dietrich509 said...

Who is your DR in IC? Viner did Caleb's tubesx3, adenoids, tonsils

Arianna's tubes x2, ear drum reconstruction x2, adenoids, tonsils.

Isabella's tubes, adenoids, tonsils

I believe that not only did we pay for his home in the Bahamas, but that we qualify for the next tubes free.

The Microblogologist said...

You can go on the 2 day diet they sent me for my next GI test, not sure if I'll survive on it since it says no dairy, inhumane! Hope things calm down for you, they have been crazy in this part of the state too, maybe we all just need to get out of Iowa for a bit. I know I do, stupid driver's license not being renewable by mail!