Sunday, October 25, 2009

New Post!

It has been a while.
Jill had the flu but is better. The kids are all healthy. I am healthy.
Utterly boring, but that is the state of our health.

Yesterday, I got to have a day to myself. I went up to a buddies farm in northern Iowa and sat in a deer stand looking for whitetail deer.
Anyone who has bow hunted can tell you that there is a LOT of waiting in a stand.
So while I sat there, I thought about things. Quite a bit about family and how my life has changed in the last three years. For the better, without question. Life is much much busier now. To have a day to myself is pretty rare. Usually there are 5,000 things that need to be done... and laundry.
So the opportunity to be by myself with the peace and quite of squirrels, birds, bugs, and the wind rustling through the tree branches comes very infrequently, now. After a while I realized how much I miss the time to enjoy nature and the beauty of all creation. It is so peaceful and calming, and for me, really gives my mind a chance to wander and reflect on all I am grateful for.
As I type this post, Jill is following the 30 day shred, Kyle is screaming and crying and Kat is alternating between jumping jacks with mom and crying for attention. So I have to cut this reflective post short and get back to life.

3 comments:

Trish said...

Glad you had a day off. Sounds like you need G'ma to come both days of the weekend. :)

SurprisedMom said...

Glad everyone is feeling healthy!

Time to have a day to oneself is precious and I'm glad you got to enjoy the day. It sounds like communing with nature really did you good.

Ah,yes, real life, the screaming, the crying, the jumping jacks, what would we do without it.

loren said...

Do you always reflect on how awesome life is when you're trying to kill things? LOL. Glad to hear everyone's feeling better at your house! On the other hand, I've got the plague and am trying to keep it to myself.